Zoom breakout rooms are virtual rooms created by the host of the meeting that lets you split the participants into virtual rooms, where they can have separate group discussions among themselves and join back later on. However, there are specific steps that allow you to create Breakout rooms in zoom. Apart from that, we would also talk about changing your background in zoom and how you can do it with a few simple steps.
- You can only create a breakout room in a zoom meeting if you are the host of the meeting.
- Before creating a breakout room, you need to enable the feature in the account settings.
How to enable breakout rooms in Zoom
We would be explaining in steps how you need to enable breakout rooms in Zoom.
- Sign in with your username and password on the official website of Zoom.
- Once you have signed in, go to your account by clicking “My Account.”
- You would come across Personal heading in the left sidebar, click on “Settings.”
5. You would see the meetings tab, scroll to the “In Meeting (Advanced)” setting.
6. There you need to enable breakout rooms. You can also pre-schedule breakout rooms by simply clicking the checkbox below the toggle. This would let you assign the breakout room before the meeting.
How to do Breakout Rooms in Zoom
- Open up your Zoom Client on your Windows / Mac and log in to your account.
- Select either “New Meeting” or “Schedule” a meeting according to your needs.
- When the meeting starts, you would see an option of “Breakout Rooms” just click it at the bottom. It would only show up after you have enabled breakout rooms through Zoom Website.
4. From now on, you can either allow Zoom to sort participants into the various rooms of your selection, or you sort out manually.
5. Once you have decided on the settings, click on “Create Breakout Rooms,” and there, you have successfully created Breakout Rooms.
How to change Zoom Background
Using Zoom, you can change the background to your desired settings or image. It comes quite handy when you are somewhere out and have a messy background, yet you have an important meeting to attend. We have prepared this guide with a step to step procedure.
- Login to the Zoom Website.
- Click on “Room Management” and then onto “Zoom Rooms.”
- It would show you “Account Settings” click on it.
- In the Account Profile tab, under the Background image for Zoom Rooms, click on “Upload” to upload a new image. The picture you want to insert should be according to the guidelines of Zoom.
- Select the desired image you want to set as your Zoom background and click on “Open.”
And now you are ready to flaunt the great scenic backgrounds you have.