How to Uninstall Avast Antivirus on Windows 10, 7, or any other server operating system, if you are struggling to get it uninstalled then this article explains you easy steps to remove the avast antivirus.
When you want to upgrade free lastest avast antivirus or when you don’t want to use the antivirus for any reason, actually sometimes these free antiviruses give unexpected errors or pop-ups which may trigger issues in accessing the system resources. Here are the simples steps one can uninstall the free avast antivirus program.
Remember having an antivirus program is extremely helpful and recommends before you uninstall it make sure you have the last antivirus program ready to install after it gets uninstalled, and it is advised not to connect the internet when you don’t have the antivirus protection installed.
1. Right-click on windows start menu and select apps and feature options, see the screenshot below.
2. Apps and Features dialog box will be opened as below and then we need to search avast antivirus program.
3. In the middle of the dialog box, you will find a search box just type avast then you the avast program.
4. click on the Uninstall button and click on yes to continue removing the antivirus as shown in the below screenshot.
5. This will bring Avast Antivirus configuration dialog box which has options like the update, Repair, Modify and at the bottom you can find the Uninstall program as shown in the below screenshot, just select uninstall option and proceed to remove it.
Final Step, just click on uninstall.
Uninstall Avast Antivirus Using Control Panel
There is another is an easy method available for removing the application, we just need to open the control panel and select the programs and features, to open this program and features we have a shortcut key available in windows that is appwiz.cpl, type in this command in the Run dialog box to open it, here are the screenshots.
Click on Programs and features.
Select the Avast Free Antivirus Program and right-click on it, and then choose to uninstall option.
Select the Uninstall option to remove it.
This will bring Avast Antivirus configuration dialog box which has options like the update, Repair, Modify and at the bottom you can find the Uninstall program as shown in the below screenshot, just select uninstall option and proceed to remove it.
Final Step, click on uninstall option to remove it permanently
After the successful installation of antivirus it will prompt you for the restart your computer, please restart your computer to complete the cleanup activity.
If you still can’t get the avast antivirus uninstalled, then follow below Option
- Open avast settings
- Click General
- Uncheck enable deepscreen option
- Press ok button
Now try the above two methods again and the application will be uninstalled.
There may be a situation you can’t uninstall avast antivirus program using the above methods, like add/remove programs and features, in that case, we have to download avast antivirus cleaner tool from avast.com, here are the steps.
- Download avastclear.exe on your desktop https://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avastclear.exe
- Start Windows in Safe Mode
- Open (execute) the uninstall utility
- select the folder where the avast antivirus is installed and click on remove it.
Thank you for reading this article, if you have any questions please let us know.
Thank you for visiting my site, for any scripts in these articles you are testing please make sure you have tested this script in our lower environment before you run in production.